 Local / Australia / 3186
3185  |  3187
Subject:
Vivat Rex, Studfest V Brikwars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 06:10:36 GMT

A quick recap of the Brikwars we might play at the next Studfest.

There was a brief plot thingy along the lines of capture the flag, err, king.
If I recall correctly Richard, Pete, Kev, Dave and I have all expressed
interest. If someone can't assemble a force, they can use mine and I'll run
the thing. (Four players will make a decent length game anyway)
The idea was each person should get together 300pts of troops. (You'll need to
check the rules for points values). Also everyone was asked to supply some
building things or other scenery. At this point in time I think the special
locations may fall by the wayside in terms of game play (still bring the
buildings though!!!) we'll see how it goes on the day. Finally it'd be nice if
everyone had a grip on chapter 1 of the brikwars rules.

I did promise an example of how to put together a 300 pt army, but I think I
got carried away. Here it is anyway...

You sent for me Your Grace?

Brother Captain Stavros. Please be seated.
I have reports from our astronomers, historians, our watchers at the palace
and even our beekeeper. There are omens, portents and signs everywhere.
Something is amiss.

The end of the age?

No. But it seems that the old king's youngest son survived the bandits' attack
and has been living unaware of his parentage in a small seaside town.
If you were granted three hundred crowns to assemble a force to
extract the boy, how would you choose?

Well. Gosford is not yet converted to the Hand, and there will be other forces
there. Brother Arkhos, carrying Trumpet and Dragon Banner should properly
announce our presence. (A hero on horse with a silver broad sword,
horsemanship and thick hide, 21 points) I will also carry a Dragon Banner,
(Champion on horse, Silver Broadsword, pistol, large shield, horsemanship, 38
points) and will take two, no,three templars with me.  (3 troops on horse,
armour, large shield, silver broadsword, horsemanship, 3x20=60 points). Some
of the novices are becoming quite proficent with the bow, I would take seven
of them, (seven troops, longbow, quiver,7x10=70 points) If I could I would
take Captain Tantos and five of your black guard. (Hero, Sword, armour, pistol
21 points)(5 troops, sword, armour 5x11=55 points) They are unsurpassed at
street fighting.

Granted. Assume you could. This mission may decide the fate of the Empire.

This would leave enough gold to pick up a squad of swordsmen from Epping Abbey
(5 troops, sword, small shield 5x7=35 points). A total of 300 crowns.

Very good Captain, Here is my seal, make it so.