 Local / Australia / 3107
3106  |  3108
Subject:
Sneaky tricks by Myer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 4 Oct 2000 08:38:25 GMT

Recently Myer had a 20% off sale on Lego (or was it all toys ?
I can't remember, but I was only interested in the Lego ;)

Before the sale, they had the MTT going for $82 or so (a little
above other places, e.g. Big W at around $80, but not bad).
Lo and behold, I went in to pick up a few "little" things
(the UCS TIE and X-Wing :->  ) and the MTT was now $99 !!
What cheek !  I wish there was some way to prove it and
take it to the appropriate authority.   (or prove it and
get them to go back to the original price and then take the
20% off ... )

(I bought the UCS sets because they were the same prices as
before - $250 and $170 respectively.  Maybe they figured
people would actually notice if they fiddled the prices on
those sets ... )

Now, the sale is long over, and the MTT is still priced
at $99.  I thought about asking the sales assistant about
it, but she didn't seem to know much (rough quote :  "We only
know what new stocks we're getting when they land on our floor"
arrive).

Next time they have a sale I might go in and write down
prices of a bunch of sets before the sale and compare them
to the ones during, and find some manager-type person to
wave the numbers at if they try this trick again ...

David.

--
(david.cook at pobox.com)
(in Melbourne, Australia)