 Local / Australia / 2939
RE: Lego DACTA in Australia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.dacta
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 00:32:37 GMT

But in Australia, DACTA is run through LA...In fact at one stage you could
order DACTA [or at least get info] from LA only. The reason I'm assuming
that BradJ is the best contact is that the personel [except customer
service] are about as useful as a certain appendage on a bull. Therefore,
seeing as BradJ heads the division responsible for communications between
the public and TLG, he's the best person to ask [although I doubt he's got
that much to do with Aus...LA seem to have their own kingdom down here, and
they don't like the idea of losing it.[1]]

As to the comments about Lego educational division...LA are the only lego
group in Aus...we don't have all these small sub-companies. [to the best of
my knowledge]

[1] as witnessed by the lack of LD/S@H this year, and the sudden drop in
prices as soon as there was the possibility that LA could face competition
over the net.

Benjamin Whytcross
BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au
Ph: (03) 9856 5282
Directory Technology Pty Ltd
1/436 Elgar Road,
Box Hill, 3128

Growing older is compulsory..Growing up isn't :-)