 Local / Australia / 2911
Re: Anybody seen the new Duplo Trains yet?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 9 Sep 2000 13:32:23 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Deidre Rushton Brumby writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Jamie Obrien writes:
Hi, Has anyone?

Nope, not yet.  I am looking out for them, but am undecided as to whether I
will actually buy any, waiting to see them in the plastic first :)

Yep...The tunnel and the F1 transporter were at my local toyworld today...
Tunnel $36.99
F1 Transporter $27.99 [both from memory]

The tunnel doesn't come in a box, but has a cardboard 'wrap-around', which
also covers the tunnel entrances. It looks interesting, and comes with a
mountaineer and a sign to warn people of trains. The F1 transporter looks
reasonable, with a new [well to me anyway] chassis [4 studs wide :) ] The box
on the end of the carriage can [according to the pictures on the box] be used
to house the driver. the car looks cute, but seems rather small.

I must say it's about time the Lego Reps started working...The local ones has
finally visited, but the store are unable to get him to answer his phone so
they can check on the availablity of a set for me :(

Benjamin Whytcross

b_whytcross@hotmail.com

Myer Hobart had some sealed Lego cartons at lunch time but they haven't
got Dinos and Race out yet so I reckon that's them (finally) and there'll
still be a bit of a wait for September release products (for Tassie, anyway).

Jamie
<Jamie Asking about Duplo, the stress is beginning to show!>

You have got me wondering!  Do tell?  Not that there's anything wrong with
Duplo trains, heck I bought ours for me, not my kid! :)

Deidre
drb@tasmail.com