 Local / Australia / 2820
2819  |  2821
Subject:
Help wanted with possible trains ideas book [60's]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 4 Sep 2000 02:22:06 GMT

Last friday I acquired a small quantity of blue train tracks. These also
came with a blue battery box, 3 2x4 white bricks with a variety of train
wheels attatched, and some papers. From these I've been able to
re-create/sort out that there was 1 complete, and 1/3 of another track ideas
sheets from 150/151/154/155, instructions for 124 (?) train carriage [it's
at home, so I'm guessing the set number], a pamphlete entitled "Building
with the Lego Motor", what appears to be a 1960's catalogue, another booklet
and 3/4 entitled "Here is a LEGO train..." which appears to be a catalogue,
yet another booklet entitled "How do you build a Lego collection?" [which
I'm sure everyone knows how to do :) ] and a booklet that I assume was a
trains ideas book.

This final booklet contains pictures of train constructions/accessories,
including 2 bridges [1 rail, and 1 pedestrian], several different engines
[including an engine very closely resembling set 112] and carriages, and
even a complete american train with the large funnel for wood burning
engines, and several cowboys and a fort. There are also several structures
including a station, water tower, signal box, level crossing, etc. I'm
wondering if anyone can help me work out what year it was released, and if
it is complete [I assumed that the pages were all from the one booklet, but
confirmation would be nice :)

A couple of bits of info that may help in dating it:
1) There are NO openeing doors shown. the only doors are the 1x2x3 classic
doors.
2) The 1x1 round bricks have the indented bases
3) The 4x4 turntables have round bases
4) The train connections are the pre-magnet clip type
5) The old-style trees and bushes appear common
6) the old style towbars are still in use [handle of red suitcase on page
12]
7) Slimbricks [plates] have been released.

Any info would certainly be appreciated :) [I'll scan another item from the
archives when I have more info on this, and will, when completed, transfer
all archive material to brickshelf catalogues/instructions if it's suited
for there.]

[BTW, it's official number on the back cover is 3142, and it was printed in
Denmark.]

Scans at:

And for the Aussies...Is there anyone else here who collects the blue track
[I'm possibly going to have to part with some soon :( ]

Benjamin Whytcross  [Coming soon..1979 Australian Technic catalogue [with
RRP's]]
BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au
Ph: (03) 9856 5282
Directory Technology Pty Ltd
1/436 Elgar Road,
Box Hill, 3128

Growing older is compulsory..Growing up isn't :-)