 Local / Australia / 2813
2812  |  2814
Subject:
The Really Big Christmas Wish List
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 2 Sep 2000 10:53:40 GMT

Up off bottoms time!

I've decided enough whinging about
"They get these and it's not fair"
"We don't get internet order 'til..."
"THey get it so much cheaper over there"
"I can't find this in stores"
"Look at how much this is reduced over there"
etc...

To this end I am putting together the
Really Big Christmas Wish List
(henceforth RBCWL) for all you frustrated aussies.

The idea is sometime in mid-oct I'll get a nice 'merkin
go and do some shopping, stick it in a box and send it to me.
Then I get to play santa's elf and redistribute each to their
own order.

Some quid pro quos.
If you want it, it's got to be reasonably available in the US
(or can be got to the US to join the shipment)
This means USdacta and spare parts are in but a legoland windsor
T-shirt is pushing it. (you could ask PeteC though! :)
Postage US-Sydney will be divided up in proportion to cost of
order, postage Syd-your doorstep will be an additional (though
smaller) cost.

I'll collect the cost in Au dollars, exchange them all in one go
send it off.

The floor is opened, e-mail or reply with wants wishes and fancies.

James (who's off to compile his own list)

P.S. does the influx of tourists mean well see a briefly better exchange rate?)