 Local / Australia / 2800
2799  |  2801
Subject:
Technics in the new catalogue
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 02:30:31 GMT

So, Technics heads, what do you reckon about the new catalogue?

For a Technics set, the 8458 Silver Champion appears to be more about looks
than engineering. Indeed, it looks very similar to the 8445 Formula 1 Racer
apart from the colour (I don't own a 8445, so I say this from looking a
pictures). Its mechanicals seem to be a subset of the 8448, and I don't
think that building a V10 engine block is going to be any more interesting
than building a V8 one. However, the catalogue describes the suspension as
being "unique" and claims the set involves "hydraulics", so maybe there is
more to it than I realise. Certainly, I won't be paying big bucks for it
unless it offers something mechanically superior to the 8880 and 8448.

However, the 8457 Power Puller interests me, if only for the huge number of
chains I can see on it and all that yellow. I notice a lot of older Technics
comes in yellow, but my more contemporary Technics collection has very
little yellow.

Kerry

--
Kerry Raymond