 Local / Australia / 2759
Re: Melbourne : where to find the new big SW sets ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 27 Aug 2000 15:14:55 GMT

Now I'm looking for
the Millenium Falcon and the UCS sets.  Anyone know
somewhere that actually has them in stock in Melb. ?

Can't help with Melbourne but just to keep y'all updated on the Qld scene

I went to Toyworld at Robina this morning to pick up my UCS X-Wing.

The shop assistant told me that they have now sold all their UCS sets. Since
I couldn't see any MFs on shelf, I assume they were all sold too. She said
she would phone on Monday to try to get some more in.

I notice that Toyworld Robina also has a number of Mindstorms products (not
out on the shelves, but look high above the counter): RIS v1.5, RDS, and
DDS, as well as a couple of the RIS expansion sets (can't remember which
ones). I've not seen Mr Toys Toyworlds in Brisbane with these sets (except
for Toyworld Queen Street which has one of the expansion sets), which is
consistent with their story about not stocking items over their "price
point".

So Toyworld Robina seems to be the place to go for these high-end Lego
items. Curiously, though, their Lego selection on the shelf was pretty
ordinary, mostly small/medium sets. It seemed odd that they didn't have any
of the medium-large sets; perhaps they've sold out of them too?

Kerry