 Local / Australia / 2758
Melbourne : where to find the new big SW sets ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 27 Aug 2000 13:33:15 GMT

Hi all,
   I've finally tracked down an AAT and MTT for myself
(the AAT was at a Target, I think, and the MTT today
from the Big W at Keysborough).  Now I'm looking for
the Millenium Falcon and the UCS sets.  Anyone know
somewhere that actually has them in stock in Melb. ?
Ideally somewhere with decent prices ?

Places that didn't have them when I visited (in the
last week or two) :
Toys'R'Us (city & Chadstone),
Target (Southland),
Big W (Southland, Keysborough),
Toyworld (Southland, Camberwell, Keysborough),
Myers / David Jones (City / Chadstone) [1],
K-mart (Chadstone, Southland, & Burwood).

(some things I have seen lately :  Southland Toyworld
had 5988 for $80, 6093 for $99 (got one of those - it
is a neat set !).

Camberwell Toyworld had 6975 for ... umm ... something
reasonable :)   The one at Keysborough had 6975 with
a storage box for something relatively reasonable too.

Oddly enough, the MTT (Big W Keysborough) was only $80 -
given that it had a US RRP of $50, and has 466 pieces,
I was expecting it to be at least $120 - 140 - compare
it to the Gungan Sub, with 376 pieces, which retails
at around $110 - $120.  Was a pleasant surprise, and
I'm half tempted to buy another one (lots of brown
bricks !  Lots of sloping pieces !  Lots of dark grey
and brown plate !  A bunch of tan bricks too ... ).
Hope the credit card survives :->  )

[1] I found it nicely ironic that the 2000.2
    catalogue arrived in Myer just a week or two after
    someone in the Myer toy dept. had assured me that
    there would only be one Lego catalogue this year.

David.
--
(david.cook at pobox.com)
(in Melbourne, Australia)