 Local / Australia / 2756
Re: Lego DACTA in Australia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.dacta
Date:
Sun, 27 Aug 2000 13:17:53 GMT

In article <FzunE3.B98@lugnet.com>,
Benjamin Whytcross <b_whytcross@hotmail.com> wrote:
In lugnet.loc.au, Carl Watson writes:
Could someone please help me.
Can I get lego DACTA in Australia?
Does anyone know?
Thnakyou.

Yes and no...Yes I can help...No, unless you're a school/educator, you can't
get Dacta in Australia. Your best bet is to order it from the US where TLG are
a lot more consumer friendly with these products.

Is this a recent change in policy from LA ?  About 5 or 6 years ago,
I wrote to the Lego DACTA address (which was printed on the back
of the regular catalogue) asking for some DACTA catalogues to be
sent to me.  I seem to remember getting a call asking which
particular themes/areas I wanted, so I requested town & technic.
I got the catalogues, and ordered one of the large general sets
(over 2000 pieces, I think) and they didn't have any problems
with taking my money.  Now, at the time, I was working at a
university, but I don't think I mentioned that to LA, and I
certainly didn't claim to be a teacher of any sort.  I figured
that if someone wanted to give them money they wouldn't care
too much where they worked :->

David.

--
(david.cook at pobox.com)