 Local / Australia / 2743
Re: Brad's "promise"...will it affect us?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 23:42:19 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, James Howse writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
Just curious...how many people here think that Brad's promise of : "I'll be
posting by the end of this week. And it'll be news that I think everyone is
looking forward to."
will have any effect on Australia [remembering how many complaints it took
to get Australia mentioned in regards to LD, and how customer friendly LA
are[1]]

Nup, my money is on it being nothing whatsoever to do with anything
Australiawise. At all. In this context read "everyone" as "everyone currently
serviced by a real attempt at Lego retail" It'll probably be new parts to
bulk order.

Well I was right and I wasn't.
Summary of Brad's "great news"
1. LS@H goes to Europe (but not Italy!) next month. (Sept 11)
2. Their website gets an overhaul (Sept 11)
3. New parts to order (Oct)
4. internet ordering goes live in Oct
BUT
5. Australia, NZ (and Italy) won't see LS@H until late next year (at the
earliest, my bet). Expect to get done over serverly by exchange and postage.

perhaps good news... in the long run.

James (who's probably rambled enough for today.)

It is not possible to be happy with The Lego Company Online at this point in
time. We are currently working at extending this service to you. Please be
patient.