 Local / Australia / 2731
Re: Weekly quiz
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 01:43:43 GMT

Uhh ...   Benjamin ...  About your follow-up question.

It would seem a fairly safe bet that anyone guessing would have to pick
*one* of the ranges mentioned below.  AFAIK, Town and Trains have been the
longest running, in fact, Trains is still going, even if it is only one set
at the moment.  Can we have a harder question?  :-)

Space would be another possibility, it depends on whether individual theme
line-ups count as separate or as part of Space, only renamed.

Castle certainly has been around for a long while.  The rest are far more
recent.

Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde

Now, for an easy follow-up question...Which range(s) with minifigs (I'm • not
counting stiffs here] prior to juniorization had been running the longest
continual time in Australia. [eg, the time from when a range was released • to
when it stopped] For this, the final year in 1996, and the change from
4.5/12 V trains to 9V is not a dis-continuance...they are both classed as
trains. The possible ranges are:
Town [including paradisa]
Space
Castle