 Local / Australia / 2730
RE: Weekly quiz
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 01:03:16 GMT

Well done...without even relying on the clues I'd guess [1] :)

And to think...Frances was so close with the first guess...If only you'd
looked through all the town sets... [They were both around at the same
time...pity I didn't look properly either :) ]

Feel free to look for more, of course :)

Clues
1) 5 years availability [1987-1991]
2) 2 wheels per minifig [2 cars with 4 wheels each, pitstop with 2 spares=
10 wheels. Set has 5 minifigs]
3) last digit in set number matches last digit in final year [6381, 1991]

Now, for an easy follow-up question...Which range(s) with minifigs (I'm not
counting stiffs here] prior to juniorization had been running the longest
continual time in Australia. [eg, the time from when a range was released to
when it stopped] For this, the final year in 1996, and the change from
4.5/12 V trains to 9V is not a dis-continuance...they are both classed as
trains. The possible ranges are:
Town [including paradisa]
Space
Castle
Pirates
Western
Trains [any]
Aquazone
BASIC

I'l publish the answer [as I see it...I'm missing a couple of catalogues in
this time-span, but I'm guessing that the ranges I'm thinking of continued
through that time.] on Sunday night, and will endeavour to keep silent
through this time about the question. Anyone who would like to guess...feel
free to. [A minor hint...It's a safe bet that town continued through, but
not a certainty :) ]

[1] had you been relying on the clues, the minor detail of 2 wheels per
mini-fig could have proven dificult with nearly all the train sets :)

Benjamin Whytcross
BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au
Ph: (03) 9856 5282
Directory Technology Pty Ltd
1/436 Elgar Road,
Box Hill, 3128

Growing older is compulsory..Growing up isn't :-)