 Local / Australia / 2488
Re: LegOz 2000.5
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 01:44:56 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons writes:
Pleasure to see everyone again, and new faces as well.  Kevin and Andrea
organised us a hall in Gosford, and it worked a treat.  We still started at
12ish, but this time, most of us were still there at the end at five to ten.

Well I think we had enough room.... :  )
Thanx for everyone who helped set up and pack up....

Highlights for me this time included the UCS Tie, Model Team Truck and technic
models (thanks DavidD), Santosh's grand loop railway, and the BrikWars
Medieval (thanks just about everybody!).

David D's Truck was awesome...and well we now know the sub just dosnt fly...!!
Santosh's railway would have ran round the whole hall if it wast confined to
just the desks....thanx for enlighting me with all the train info...as I have
never been into them...now I wish I had collected them now....

Thanx also to our newest member Mike with his lovely wife Faith and their 2
boys for turning up....plus bringing some of their models for us to
see....every one helps the cause.... :  )

Kevin's castle provided a perfect centrepiece for a particularly bloody
affair, with valour, treachery, sacrifice and thievery, and a disturbing
number of heads being used in disquieting ways (being carried about and stuck
on pikes and such)

I'm glad everyone liked my New castle....buit in an amazing 8 hours...I now
need lots of sleep to make up for it.....!!!!
The Drawbridge got such a work out by myself and James...who was determind to
help Richard's mounted army invade the castle.....and rescue the girls....well
what was left of them....:  )

Despite being a squad of my own, I think Richard IIs catapault crew warrant
special mention, as by the end of the battle, their tally of hits included two
sharks, a sail, more friendlies than hostiles, two flower beds, a tree and an
anchor.

And yes....I think our flinging devices need a bit of design work put into
them, considering we did more damage to the local shrubery....remind me to
take your men and their catapault with me if I ever need to go fishing
Richard...!!!

And top marks to PeterW, soccer tournament champion.

It was the first time I'd seen the Soccer sets...and them in action...very
fun...!!! Andrea...being from South America...and coming from a family of
soccer nuts...loved them... :  )

More auspicious trading, and more new and interesting ways to combine the
humble brick - thanks all - I look forward to LegOz 2000.8 early in October,
already.

Richard
Still studly going (even at this hour :-)...

Thanx for the skeletons Richard....and I hope my lego that was traded enjoys
their new homes.... :  )

Once again....thanx to everyone.....we're slowly growing...it's only up from
here....looking forwrad to getting back from Canada and getting into the next
LegOz meeting....

Kev... :  )