 Local / Australia / 2446
RE: LegOz 2000.6 (was Re: The Well traveled Maniac)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 05:33:43 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: David Drew [mailto:david@hydrowash.com.au]
Sent: Friday, August 04, 2000 2:55 PM
To: lugnet.loc.au@lugnet.com; lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: LegOz 2000.6 (was Re: The Well traveled Maniac)

"Whytcross, Benjamin" <BWhytcro@pacificaccess.com.au> wrote in message

news:1D0812CAE3E7D2118BCD00805FA76DEB022A520F@gw-exg-ne01.pacificaccess.com.
au...

Why not share him, and send him down to us MUGS on the train for the • day?
After all, I'm sure he'd like to see a REAL city without trafic jams, • and
all the other Olympic stuff-ups...<G,D&R>

*cough*

Sure, this is coming from Melbourne? A city where you have to go left to
turn right after the lights are red, so you do it whenever you feel like
it?

Well, at least we're able to turn right....And what's more, we don't even
have to worry about busses as much now. [After all, a certain northern town
needs them to help with traffic...as if they don't already have enough :) ]
And we don't need to slow traffic to pay tolls on our toll-ways :)

And I don't think we southerners have any complaints about Sydney getting
the games...After all, you're organising commitee even managed to schedule
the opening ceremony for after the competition has begun :) [In melbourne,
by the way]

Anyway, if this sort of discussion continues, not only will our euro
competitors lose ground, but there could well end up with brickwars across
the Murray [1]. [Or Slizers at 10 metres :) ]

<chortle>

Seriously, though, the dinner at the Quay sounds like a pretty nifty idea.

Are foreigners to be welcome[2]? [I'm not likely to be able to get there,
but there may be some other BUGS or MUGS...or even TUGS, SAUGS [as opposed
to SLUGS], or WUGS who are able to get there.

later,
David Drew.

[1] not a bad centenary of federation idea...the states can once again
battle over the site of the country's capital :)

[2] Observations about the thought behind asking a question like this when
we're talking about Larry are expected :) [Though I'm sure you know what I
meant.]

Benjamin Whytcross
BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au
Ph: (03) 9856 5282
Directory Technology Pty Ltd
1/436 Elgar Road,
Box Hill, 3128

Growing older is compulsory..Growing up isn't :-)