 Local / Australia / 232
Re: Some Star Wars MOC's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 14:25:59 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.starwars, Peter Callaway writes:
<snip>

The B-Wing is a fraction short of true minifig scale (and much closer than
TLC's) and weighs in at 370 pieces. It is 55 studs "tall" and has a wingspan
of 46 studs. Inspiration drawn from Eric Kingsley's B-Wing MOC and the fact
that the TLC one is a poor attempt, apart from the rotating cockpit mechanism,
which found its way into my model.

Wow! your B-Wing is awsome.  I actually looked at it before I read your entire
message and I was thinking that a couple of sections looked similar to mine and
now I know why :-).  Your design is really great.  I have been involved in
other LEGO projects lately so I have not had a chance to revisit my B-Wing but
who knows I may again soon.  It looks like you made some significant
improvements to the S-Foil design over my design.  I might just have to check
that out.

The Consular Transport is about 70% complete, with engineering and the engines
to go. Currently it is 100 studs long (aiming for 150) and has a piece count
of about 4,300. The bridge section has over 1,000 pices alone. One of these
days I'll have enough pieces to build the Tantive IV <dream, dream>.

Again very cool.  Its been a while since I've had much inspiration for a SW MOC
but maybe soon.  Being is the same LUG as the likes of Shaun Sullivan (AT-AT
and AT-ST master) and Dave Eaton (AT-AT) you become humbled quickly :-).  If I
can ever build up my Brown or DKGray collection I would love to do a Sand
Crawler but who knows.

If you look closely at the pics you might see my padewan Obi-Wan minifig,
inspired by Tim Saupe's one on FBTB.

If I ask Richard nicely enough he might even put up some pics of my
Sandcrawler project, in it's infancy.

That's all for now. I'd welcome any comments.

Once again great work.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/