 Star Wars / 6625
6624  |  6626
Subject:
Some Star Wars MOC's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 11:02:07 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi Ho Star Wars fans,

This is the first time I've actually contributed LEGO-wise to Lugnet,
previously I've just been making a nuisance of myself in various groups ;-)

If you'd care to go to http://www.hinet.net.au/~rparsons/port/stu/stu-02.htm
you'll see some of the fun we got up to at the Sydney LEGO group's second
meeting, or Studs as we call ourselves. Big thanks to Richard Parsons for
hosting the day, and the pics :-)

Apart from the fantastic other stuff there, you can check out my B-Wing MOC
and Consular Transport MOC. Be sure to read the thumbnail captions of all the
pics, they're hilarious!

The B-Wing is a fraction short of true minifig scale (and much closer than
TLC's) and weighs in at 370 pieces. It is 55 studs "tall" and has a wingspan
of 46 studs. Inspiration drawn from Eric Kingsley's B-Wing MOC and the fact
that the TLC one is a poor attempt, apart from the rotating cockpit mechanism,
which found its way into my model.

The Consular Transport is about 70% complete, with engineering and the engines
to go. Currently it is 100 studs long (aiming for 150) and has a piece count
of about 4,300. The bridge section has over 1,000 pices alone. One of these
days I'll have enough pieces to build the Tantive IV <dream, dream>.

If you look closely at the pics you might see my padewan Obi-Wan minifig,
inspired by Tim Saupe's one on FBTB.

If I ask Richard nicely enough he might even put up some pics of my
Sandcrawler project, in it's infancy.

That's all for now. I'd welcome any comments.

Pete Callaway

P.S. One of these days I'll get round to creating my own site and put more
pics up ;-)