 Local / Australia / 2265
Re: Working waterfall
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.au, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 06:44:17 GMT

In lugnet.org.au, David Drew writes:

"Dave Low" <stinglessbee@hotSPAMFREEmail.com> wrote in message
I'd like to include a fully functional, Lego-pure waterfall ...
< http://www.lugnet.com/build/?n=4647 >
Any tips or advice (DaveD, Kerry?) would be greatly appreciated ...

Considering the cost and relative difficulty in setting up a lego-based
waterfall, it seems like a very silly idea. How about you just go along to
your local fish shop (the ones that sell live fish, not beer-battered ones),
and get a small water pump from there. It will pump a lot more water,
(better since you're looking for a 'waterfall', not a 'fountain' effect),
and be MUCH cheaper. You then don't also have to worry about breaking the
pneumatic lego. (Pumping water through it can't be a good idea, in terms of
durability.)

Points taken, and that was pretty much what I thought. The main reason I asked
was because "...and the whole thing's made of Lego! Even the waterfall!!"
would be a bit more satisfying than "...and the whole thing's made of Lego!
(except for the waterfall)". But having seen the range of supercars, I'm not
going to argue with David's feasibility study.

--(a chastened)DaveL