 Organizations / Australia / 417
Re: Working waterfall
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.au, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 06:23:15 GMT

"Dave Low" <stinglessbee@hotSPAMFREEmail.com> wrote in message
news:FyCC4A.Aun@lugnet.com...
G'day everyone,

I'd like to include a fully functional, Lego-pure waterfall in the Monkey
Magic Magic Mountain of Monkeys.
This thread < http://www.lugnet.com/build/?n=4647 > has descriptions from • a
few AFOLs who have done something similar or are planning something • similar.
Any tips or advice (DaveD, Kerry?) would be greatly appreciated (and I • guess
this means I'll have to get a pneumatic set (oh well)).

Considering the cost and relative difficulty in setting up a lego-based
waterfall, it seems like a very silly idea. How about you just go along to
your local fish shop (the ones that sell live fish, not beer-battered ones),
and get a small water pump from there. It will pump a lot more water,
(better since you're looking for a 'waterfall', not a 'fountain' effect),
and be MUCH cheaper. You then don't also have to worry about breaking the
pneumatic lego. (Pumping water through it can't be a good idea, in terms of
durability.)

Later,
David Drew.