 Local / Australia / 2096
Re: Playing catch-up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 15:16:59 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, James Howse writes:
Exams, web server crash, holidays... and I'm back.

I don't have a lot of Lego news, but here it is.
If the first year catalog isn't out until three months in to the new year
(i.e. March) we shouldn't expect the next one 'til Sept. Especially if LA, as
usual, blames Denmark for the delay. As they did on the phone today.

Wasn't there a post earlier saying that these catalogues get printed in
Melbourne? In conversation with them Lego reps that do the rounds at stores?

I so felt like approaching the one at Parramatta I saw twice on seperate
occasions. But i realise that I probably know more about their product by using
Lugnet than the Lego shelf stackers themselves.

I built THUNDERBIRD 1 minifig scale whilst at home, if you're at LegOz.5
you'll see it otherwise you'll have to wait until I get some photos.

Does it come with strings attached?  ;-)

My Brikwars(TM)Ninja theme army now ranks above 100 minfigs, but I don't have
to use them all. I've got dice to bring this time, can someone knock together
a range ruler or two? That is assuming we're going to play by the rules this
time. If so which version?

Shop wise, Lithgow = not a good place to be a lego fan. Toyworld will order
whatever but forget about getting anything for less than RRP.
Macquaire = BigW for 176c impulse sets, Target has 3409, and action wheelers
and inflated prices.

Target's not in anyones good books post-gst!

Santosh
(finally found the impulse sets at Winston Hills Big W)