 Local / Australia / 1971
RE: Soccer sets here at last.
Newsgroups:
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 05:50:05 GMT

Growing older is compulsory..Growing up isn't :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Santosh Bhat [mailto:santosh@student.unsw.edu.au]
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2000 3:42 PM
To: lugnet.loc.au@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: Soccer sets here at last.

Oooh I can see where this is going:
How about a timmy for Statto?

Been watching their unplanned sketches on telly lately? SBS
8:30 Mondyas i
think. Not as good as Fantasy world cup in my opinion. Then
again I'm not
pepped up on beer and post-exam relief watching a world cup
this time around :)

The soccer sets ahve been brilliant for us in Australia.
Although I can't seem
to find the fourth bus. Oh wait. there are two Blue buses.
One with white
windows and blue trim, and one with blue windows and white
trim. Hmm I have the
one with White windows...

Must go down the shops again I suppose.
Santosh

In lugnet.loc.au, Jane McDermott writes:
Well, the soccer (is that the right spelling? - mental • blank) have arrived in
SA at last, at Myer, and boy are they CHEAP.  This is • probably the first and
only time I'll have bought one of just about everything in a • theme.  Question:
does anyone know the RRP for those items in the US?  I was a • bit miffed at the
lack of Irish players, and had to make do with a Scottish • team bus in the end,
but I guess you can't have it all.  Although, for the red • and blue packs they
should have mroe blondes/redheads, David Beckham style.  The • real Scottish
team never has anyone much with dark hair.  Now all I need • is some Frank
Skinner/David Baddiel lookalike minifigs to do Fantasy World • Cup Lego style,
and I'll be set...