 Local / Australia / 1829
Re: Italians are getting ambitious [was Re: COMPAGNIII AMICI E FRATELLI TUTTI :-)))]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 3 Jul 2000 12:47:03 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Deidre Rushton Brumby writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
I'm not sure of what the following message posted recently in loc.it means,
but from the look of it, it seems that the Italians are getting ready to take
on the poms...Do we warn them, or do we just keep at it ourselves and • overtake
both :)

I think one of them said something along the lines of "I seem to remember
you had the same attitude when we overtook .uk" which has since been
followed up with "no, we never have" and "oh, that's true"  (translations
in my words because I can't be bothered cutting and pasting it all!)

Well, if they overtook the UK, it's strange that they're between the UK andd
us...BUT NOT FOR LONG :)

[And for the benefit of any Italians reading this, I got it off the main
page...I haven't been lurking in your affairs....YET :) ]

I wasn't either (until the post addressed to me), I just happened to
look at the main page when their original post was displayed and saw
the reference to Australia (I always read lugnet through the web
interface and when there's not much traffic staying on the main page
is the easiest way to keep up!)

Anyway, maybe we should warn .uk, not about the Italians, but maybe that
after we've got the Italians _we're_ going after them! :) :)

Nah...Why ruin the surprise ;) Next you'll be putting the Sepo's on notice...

Deidre
drb@tasmail.com

Benjamin Whytcross

b_whytcross@hotmail.com