 Local / Australia / 1795
1794  |  1796
Subject:
Toolo and duplo found
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.au, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 2 Jul 2000 01:16:44 GMT

Having been on a lego prowl with Paul yesterday [1], i thought I'd share some
information about older sets found [and 1 bought] for those who have children
and/or collect the toolo and duplo sets.

The set purchased was Toolo set 2950. I opened the lid to check what catalogue
was included, found I had it, and returned it to the box I also saw that the
back cover of the instructions has a largeish tear and is creased, but the
parts are still sealed [if you haven't seen this set, it comes in a solid
cardboard box with a small tray at top holding screwdriver 1 fig, and 2 parts,
and a handle that can be pushed down to hold lid in place, and lfts and turns
to allow parts to be removed.]. The set was down from $134.95, and I got it
[including a few dollars for Paul towards petrol costs for $64 [plus postage]
[cost was $59, so $5 towards petrol costs aren't too bad - which will go to
Paul.]]. Anyone interested in this let me know at my work email adddress [2].
First in gets it :)

Other sets found during our travels were:

Toolo:
2945 which was around $100 or so, I think

DUPLO:
2699 farm $151.95 pre GST reduction [toyshop was closed, but we obviously
looked respectable enough to be allowed in to look at the stock.]
1576 happy clown face carry case
2682 ambulance
2680 doctor's surgery
2655 play farm
2677 fire helicopter
2318 pull back motor
2777 loungeromm (?)
2674 racing team (?) [may have been 2671]
2073 baby gift pack (?)
2668 african animals (?)
and many others.

BASIC
800, 801,802,805 brick packs [red,blue,white,lt grey]
818 pull back motor
1874 Brick eater

plus a couple of 'play house' pink house style duplo sets along with older
house type sets and parts..

Oh yes..there were a couple of other sets like 6256, 5860 (?), 6048, 8082,
8062...I think that was the best of the lot.

If any of thesee are of interest, or you'd like a better list, let me know [2]
and I'll try and get a more complete list with prices next weekend. Also, 2950
is waiting for a home :)

[1] Rather profitable, really, though more cash would have helped...
[2] Work email is:
bwhytcro@pacificaccess.com.au

Benjamin Whytcross

bwhytcro@pacificaccess.com.au