 Local / Australia / 1783
Re: Joining 2 Football fields
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 1 Jul 2000 10:04:13 GMT

"Jamie Obrien" wrote...
Apart from the 2 fields, i think i may need at leaast 3 accessory
packs as well, for the fiekd walls in place of the other 2 goals. Can
anybody shed some light on this?

Increasing the area of the field by a factor of two (adding two fields
together) cannot increase the perimeter by a factor of two.  Obviously the
two rectangles you join together will share a side eh?  And that side won't
want field walls.

Perimeter fencing will not be a problem.

As per previous discussions here, joining two fields gives a twelve a side
game, but you'll be short two of the sprung bases for the players.  (As an
aside, to my mind this shortage is actually a trade practices problem for
LA, because the soccer field instruction booklet clearly holds out that two
fields can be joined together for a twelve a side game).

A good plan is to get two fields and one field supplementary pack, and not
use all the pieces, to make an 11 a side field.  You'll have everything you
need, and I posted a graphic of the layout earlier
http://www.lugnet.com/loc/au/?n=1306

Richard
Still baldly going...

Check out Port Block at http://www.hinet.net.au/~rparsons/port/