 Local / Australia / 1779
Re: GST - first taste test
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 1 Jul 2000 04:45:28 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Peter White writes:
Dateline: Penrith (NSW) 01/07/2000 11amish

Just done the usual rounds,

Grace Bros were just starting on Lego repricing, so without a hand scanner,
there was not much point in a price survey - I shall return.

Target - shelf tickets were newish, shelves were rearranged and the neatest
i have seen them, but post-GST shelf tickets were not on yet, onward to the
wall mounted scanner, well Bull's attack down to $93+ from $95+, Slave $54+
from $55+, looks like 2% generally (hmmmm....)

Big W - as James had spotted, shelf ticketing was completed here as well,
prices were down 5-10% from normal prices (which is 10% below retail as is),
even the impulse sets on special went down to $1.76 (from $1.88).
So it seems Big W have done the right thing.

W4K - shelf ticketing completed, 5% across the board, 7171 down now to
$89+ from $94.40 (clearance price).

TRU - had to resort to the wall scanner as shelf ticketing was in the process,
things seemed only to go down a couple of percent, certainly nowhere near
5%, MTT is now in stock there. Only a few soccer buses (which went down 60c)
left, no other soccer stock and the holes where it was aren't there.
Could those soccer sets have been a short-lived promo ?
For those Technic lovers, the 8448 was on short term special of $156.
So check your local TRU if interested, since the 8480 specials 6 months ago,
varied store to store.
TRU had impulse sets down to $2.62 (woop,woop probably get their stock at
Big W).

So maybe Target deserves a visit from the ACCC.
My overall opinion is back to shopping habits as before, wait for the sales.

(dollar values above are Australian dollars, well it is loc.au!)
pete.w <aquanaut@optusnet.com.au> (anyone been to a Toyworld/Toy Kingdom?)

I went to K-mart and some star wars sets accually went UP!!!

so i am very annoyed right now

-James Walker