 Local / Australia / 157
RE: Catalogue/order list discrepency
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 22:26:00 GMT

Thanks for adding the set names. Unfortunately, I think that once again our
sets are getting different names to everywhere else, as I am sure that one
of the sets was rig racers or truck racers, or something assosiated with
truck racing.

Benjamin Whytcross

BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au

In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
I just found a list of the information I wrote down whilst • looking at the
order list at Tates toy kingdom in Geelong a couple of weeks • ago [I only
wrote down a limited amount, and didn't bother with set • names, as I was in a
bit of a hurry, and they wouldn't photo-copy the list for me :-( ].

On the order form, the only football set listed was 3409, • with a RRP of
$115.95. However, in this years first catalogue, sets • 3401-3408, and 3410
are shown. Although there is no release month shown in the • catalogue, the
order form had May listed.

Also listed for may were:
Adventurers
5903 $4.25 Johnny Thunder and Baby T
5904 $4.25 Microcopter

Race [new town theme]
6618 $3.85 Blue Racer
6619 $3.85 Red 4WDriver
6707 $3.85 Green Buggy

For August
Adventurers
5920 $8.75 Island Racer
5921 $13.50 Research Glider
5934 $26.95 Dino Explorer (Dino tracker)
5935 $38.95 Island Hopper
5955 $65.95 All Terain Trapper
5975 $102.95 T Rex Transport
5987 $154.95 Dino Research Compound

Race
6519 $8.75 Turbo Tiger
6602 $18.50 Scorpion Buggy
6616 $40.95 Rocket Dragster
6617 $99.00 Big Blue Rally
6713 $66.95 Grep 'n' Go Challenge
6714 $27.95 Speed Dragster

The only set name I vaguely remember was one of the August • sets (6617?) was
something like 'rig racers'.

I didn't get the star wars release month, but the prices for • the sets not
released are:
7191 $359.00 X Wing Fighter
7190 $264.95 Millenium Falcon
7184 $126.95 Trade Federation MTT
7181 $239.00 Tie Interceptor
7155 $49.95 Trade Federation AAT

Benjamin Whytcross
BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au

For your infomation the names are added courtsey of Brickset
http://www.brickset.co.uk/