 Local / Australia / 1539
Re: SOCCER sets update.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 05:16:13 GMT

I was just in Chatswood and TRU and Grace Bros there have soccer sets too, but
neither has 3409 the big set.

I've only seen three buses so far, is the fourth available here?

Santosh

In lugnet.loc.au, Peter White writes:
OK,
We know the soccer sets are generally a lot cheaper than we thought they
would be, except in a few places.
If LA are subsidising these by cheaper wholesale prices, what on earth are
these expensive places doing charging twice the price ?
Surely LA should be informed what stores are profiteering.

As to availability, I saw 3409 at Target Penrith for $54.95.
They had just this set.
Toyworld Camden also had most of the soccer sets today also.

OK the buses come in these colours,
Red WINDOWS, White BUS, PLAYERS - Red TOPS, White LEGS.
Blue WINDOWS, White BUS, PLAYERS - Blue TOPS, White LEGS.
White WINDOWS, Blue BUS, PLAYERS - White TOPS, Blue LEGS.
Black WINDOWS, White BUS, PLAYERS - White TOPS, Blue LEGS.

TRU had no Blue Window buses, but this may have been because the player
colours cover England, Scotland, Finland and some other Euro country.
But these were available at Camden.

The generic soccer box art has a Brazilian flag and a Spanish flag, so I'm
not quite sure how you replicate their colours.
For Brazil you will need Yellow torsos from somewhere (as for Australia).
We might need to use Timmy legs for Australia, since there is a Timmy head in
each team, it's prolly not so out of place to have a team of them to
represent us, given the last World Cup performance in Melbourne.

pete.w <aquanaut@optusnet.com.au>