 Local / Australia / 1518
Re: Studs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 23:10:45 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons writes:
Evening all,

You know,  I dreamed I was in a reality we're we had sorted out this whole
Sydney/NSW naming thing among ourselves pretty comprehensively
http://www.hinet.net.au/~rparsons/stud/006-2.htm

Ah, indeed it was sorted out, yes indeedy, yet commentaries live on,
unless we want to resemble either wing of a major political party.
A label has a private and public component, an organisation's label must be
appealing to all probable/possible members.
All this from the first 'public' airing of our name, which drew concern
initially until explained. No comments from the public, only an effort by
the young female employees to highlight it on the banner they printed for us.
It was in the news last week, that Beaver College in the US had decided to
change it's name for various reasons, I'll let the readers investigate that
one.

If I could only get these <<expletive indicating mild frustration with just
a little bemusement deleted>> ruby slippers to work, I'd go back
there........

There's no place like Billund.  There's no place like Billund.

What is STUDS translated into Danish ?

Remember the old East Germany or GDR, now that name was a laugh.
pete.w (debater of the undebatable)