 Local / Australia / 1470
Re: Naming Oz groups (Re:Could we get .org.au up soon)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 06:13:10 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Peter Callaway writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Santosh Bhat writes:
Why hasn't the name SydLug popped up?

Now where's the fun in that name? ;-)

Peter W. has actually suggested that name already. Why don't we make like the
artist formerly known as Prince, and just have a symbol?

In lugnet.loc.au, Peter Callaway writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
You must need sleep if you can get that acronym out of those words......

I still reckon you should go with S.L.U.G.S.   Resembles an acronym for
Sydney Lego Users Group.

Incidently, was STUDS supposed to be an acronym for something, and if what?

Nope, just a passing reference to the studs on lego elements.

[Oh, and Santosh...Go back to sleep]

That's what he gets for working for Transfield ;-)

Hey I stopped there months ago, I'm working for another construction mob now,
but only for 8 more days, then back to the uni life :)

Though T/Field have offered me a position..hehehe..but anyway...

Still not the same as the mighty Barclay Mowlem!!! Rah rah rah!!! ;-)

So have they offered you full-time in rail?

I've got a few offers for after I finish university. That's pretty darned
lucky to be honest, but none of them have really defined what i'm doing yet as
it's still a good 7 months until I begin working.

And we all know that 7 months in Australia is enough time to present
alternatives to Badgery's Creek, Offshore olympic stadiums, and quite possibly
a high speed mag-lev boat to link those two up to a new underground-opening
roof highway tunnel.

Santosh
(who's determined to get good sleep tonight)