 Local / Australia / 14505
Re: Indiana Jones game + related gear
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2008 19:48:15 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Mike Gallagher wrote:
   While checking on some Microsoft products on the MS web page I came across this link for a demo of the new game. Played it last night and it looks great. 400 some mb in size

http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/Games/Pages/LEGOIndianaJonesOA-b.aspx

Yeah, that’s the website that the new DVDs link to (I’d expected them to actually include the demo, but no such luck). I was able to pick up the DS version on the way home from work last night (just finished the Raiders story mode), and it’s significantly different from the PC/console version (as compared to, say, LSW:CS, which was modeled directly after the original two games). This DS port was developed by TT Fusion, which I’d guess is a subsidiary of TT Games (the main developer). I did manage to fall through the floor once in the exterior setting to the college, but at least, unlike when this happened to me during gameplay in LSW2:DS, it was set up to kill you and respawn you back where you started from, so it’s not a game-killing bug. You just lose a few studs when you shouldn’t have, but since you’re not in an actual mission it’s not a problem.

Based on having played the demo a few times, it doesn’t feel as different from the LSW games as LEGO Batman sounds like it will be, but it does make you wish that they could take the experience they’ve gained back in time for use on LSW1.