 Local / Australia / 14481
Re: Kit Review Time Again ( has to break the monotony)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 12 May 2008 02:26:52 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Peter Parsons wrote:
   Well this time I am looking at a pure technic kit that just recently occupied the shelves but very high in price. I don’t see many around now but perhaps there still are a couple out there to pick up. Well worth it at 1384 pieces it is 8275 the Bulldozer with remote control and sensors.

I can’t recall this kit comming with sensors. Should i report this to Lego Support ?
   This kit is fantastic to build
I built a few for a demolition derby http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/steven-dunn/Project-B/8275/dscn0681.jpg
   Really runs turns left and right skid steer like a real one.

I made a few mods to mine though to increase the top speed for drag races. I took out the 12:20 drive gears and put in a 24:8 minus the v6 engine. It goes over three times faster now. great for sideways drifting on the floor boards.

Oh you mean recievers, ok.
   sensor wires up from below the chassis to the top where the sensors go!!

A great Eye catcher I have run mine many times for visitors to see and have displayed it twice at Library’s that I do 1 month displays at.

I’ve been commisioned to do a talk at my sons school about “technology and toys”. Im going to put the 856 against the 8275.

Rating 9.2 out of 10
agreed, after the mod its a solid 9.6

Steve