 Local / Australia / 14211
  Lego club Question

Hello, I am in the process of creating a LUG group local to christchurch New Zealand. I am mainly asking people who attend lego user groups. I just want to know what you would do at a lego club (on a regular basis), where do people have their clubs (...) (17 years ago, 23-Jun-07, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Lego club Question

Most of the lego clubs here in Australia are informal. Local meetings are usually just a case of someone saying "everyone come over to my house on <SuchAndSuchADate>" where the activities can be things like: * bring whatever new MOCs you have * (...) (17 years ago, 23-Jun-07, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Lego club Question

Oops, I forgot Brickwars! How could I have done that? (probably because I find it about as dull as watching paint dry). Anyhow, some lego groups play a lot of Brickwars (wargaming with Lego). Kerry (17 years ago, 23-Jun-07, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Lego club Question

(...) What do you mean brikwars is boring.... well I am comparing to other wargames and if you aren't used to other wargames you'll find brikwars boring.. but anyway thanks for the info, I have been inspired.. :) (17 years ago, 23-Jun-07, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Lego club Question

Excellent and comprehensive list Kerry (...) Down in Melbourne, we do a mix of private/public locations. We have found Community halls, and scout halls can be books for a small fee (Usually a gold coin donation), This enables us to have meets in (...) (17 years ago, 23-Jun-07, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Lego club Question

(...) Thanks, I didn't think about booking a scout hall... and I gave a weeks notice.. thank you for your input (17 years ago, 25-Jun-07, to lugnet.loc.au)