 Local / Australia / 13711
13710  |  13712
Subject:
Brisbane lego meeting this weekend
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.qld.bri
Date:
Mon, 13 Feb 2006 11:54:17 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hello All

This is the final call for all who are interetsed in attending the first BrisLug
or BUGS meeting for 2006
This is an open invitation to anybody who is interested in meeting other AFOL's
and their MOC's
The date is set for the get together is this Sunday 19th of February
The venue will be my place in Cleveland. It's on the train line and easy to get
to.

The BRISLUG meeting officially starts at 1pm
The theme for the meeting is SUMMER, bring a MOC that is some how associated to
this theme.
Everybody who attends is to bring a Show and Tell item related to lego (could be
what you built)
I'll supply finger food, tea & coffee, but BYO drinks. (I'll have an esky with
ice available)
Activities for the afternoon include;

- A Building competition - Each person will be timed on how long it takes them
to build a lego Model exactly from the instructions. The lego set used will not
be known until the day and everybody builds the same set. The winner is the
person who builds the set in the quickest time, and they also get the set for
winning. More details on the day, it's a lot of fun!

-Show and Tell of your MOC or interesting lego item. You will be the center of
attention (5mins of glory) Tell us all about your MOC/thing and the story that
goes with it.

-MOC competition  with prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
Voting will be done as in the past by popular vote by each person putting blocks
or counters in a cup beside each entry. A tally of the counters determines the
winner/s
There will be a fee of $1 per entry into the MOC competition so as to cover the
cost of prizes.
Winner gets first pick of the lego prizes, 2 nd place gets second pick and third
place what's left.
I would like to get an idea beforehand who is going in the competition so I can
get the prizes organized.
If everybody could have at least one entry so as to ensure it's worth it. After
all it is a Lego show and tell afternoon!

- Trading hour where Buying and Selling can take place, usually done after the
competitions. Bring your items to sell or trade, we can even run an auction for
any highly desired items! etc.

- A combined Shop at Home order or similar to a Bricklink store i.e. Precious
Princess or 1000Steine
Details can be sorted out on the day but typically the order is sent once the
person placing the order has received funds via direct debit from all involved.
Each person collects their items from that person when they arrive.

So that's what's on the agenda for the first BrisLug meeting in 2006.
Anybody with an interest in attending please email me or post here.
I will send you the address and other details as required.
If you are traveling and need accommodation overnight then let me know and I can
arrange something for you.
Those from interstate or overseas are always welcome.

Please RSVP by the 16th Feb. so I can cater accordingly.
It should be a great afternoon.
Looking forward to seeing lots of old and new faces.
Gary