 Local / Australia / 13612
Re: What ever happened to AUSFEST
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 2 Nov 2005 04:41:32 GMT

"Peter Parsons" <guns@in.com.au> wrote in message
news:Ip0tAp.1poq@lugnet.com...
Hi All
Hey Ritchie what ever happened about the AUSFEST that was being planned??
I saw all the postings earlier in the year and got all my hopes up and • then it
just vanished???

There are plans for a National meet of grand proportions in the middle of
next year in Melbourne. It will be held over the Queens Birthday weekend
(mid june). The venue has already been booked and there is an organising
committee.

The plan is to have a 2 day event (Sat & Sun) with the Sat devoted to
workshops and presentations and the Sunday devoted to a public display and
demonstration of Brikwars and other Lego activities.

We're billing it as a national Lego convention rather than just a National
Meet.

Sorry to have been quiet about all of the plans but we've all been caught up
doing other stuff.

Anyone who is willing to help out in anyway is more than welcome to get in
contact with me. The more the merrier! :)

cheers

Sue Ann Barber