 Local / Australia / 13610
Re: OzBricks.com and PortBlockYards.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 1 Nov 2005 12:58:32 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Ross Crawford wrote:
   In lugnet.loc.au, Bruce Hietbrink wrote:
   Hey all,

Does anyone know anything about Ozbricks, or an e-mail address for Michael Golaszewski? His retail site has been down for over a year, but he was still hosting fan sites (including mine), while deciding what to do with the domain. Anyway, now it all seems to be gone, and the address I have for him (michaelATozbricksDOTcom) is bouncing my mail.

Hi Bruce,

Sorry to hear about that. I doubt you will have any joy getting your hosting back, even if you can contact him. I believe he was piggy-backing the fan sites off his own hosting deal, which I doubt will be coming back. I don’t have any other contact for him, but there is a M Golaszewski in the local phone book, I can try to contact him if you would like.

ROSCO

Hi all,

I note that the site came back and has gone again.

I doubt Michael Golaszewski frequents these pages anymore, but nevertheless, a quiet word of thanks for his persisting in hosting Port Block for me for so long, for free (I did try to give him money twice, but he is far to fine a fellow for that). He has kept this together for me and others long after he had any commercial reason for doing so, long after he said he would, and I appreciate it roundly.

In the meantime, I have taken the opportunity of moving Port Block away to some other space. No reason for old hands to do anything but update their links - nothing has changed on the site for a while, although I can feel the creative pressure building again :-)

I will probably spend the next two weeks updating profiles and sending out advisories to worthy places where the old site was referenced. Apologies in the meantime to folks who are encountering broken dynamic links, and apologies in advance to folks who encounter the reams of static links in old posts. Once I am done with correcting profiles that I can, I’ll let .pirates and ...clones know too.

Richard
Still baldly going...
PortBlockYards.com