 Local / Australia / 1356
1355  |  1357
Subject:
Full Catalogue out soon!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 03:57:44 GMT

Hi guys
well, just got off the phone to the powers that be. The new catalogue will be
out in the stores in July (beginning of, she said) It will be a full
catalogue!
I was informed that the new sets will be released in both July and September.
She said that the adventurers for instance will not hit the stores till Sept
which doesnt explain the sighting of some of the smaller sets, so I guess it
is a long wait for the biggies!
I was primarily ringing to get the release date and prices for the new Toolo
for my sons birthday in August. She said that these recommended retails would
come down with the GST, but these were the prices she had right now.
So here they are (just in case anyones interested)

Action wheelers (for release in August, haven't hit the warehouse yet)) -
2904 - motorbike RRP $15
2909 - helicopter RRP $25
2912 - racing car RRP $30
2913 - construction RRP $40
2914 - rescue base RRP $90
2916 - the intelligent brick RRP $130

The intelligent brick works primarily with the Toolo, and was described to me
as having 6 different light and sound modules. This works with contact points
that you can place where ever you want and can be programmed with the required
noise. ie. flying, crashing etc. It also has a light sensor which turns it on
or off, and has a light up dashboard. Now I am not sure how it all works, but
was told that it was unreal, the woman in customer service has been playing
with it and she was very enthusiastic.
The prices for the new Duplo are as follows (release in Sept for xmas):
2931 - push locomotive with clown - $37
2937 - supp wagon with racing car - $24
2938 - tunnel - $34
2936 - station - $69
2932 - starter train (passenger express with clear windows)  - $130
2933 - deluxe train set (express cargo) - $250

Now if anyone wants to confirm the prices for the other new sets with definate
release dates as they are all staggered, then just ring the customer service
line. I felt as though I had done my dash to get this much info out of her,
for one day, but will ring in a few days for the others if no one else does,
and will post them here also. It was no problem, she was more than happy to
give me that info. Perhaps though the person who is going to ring put your
hand up? so we are not all ringing them, we can all find out with one phone
call after all. Any takers?
By the way, I had to ring four times before I got a real person, didn't leave
a message just kept trying.
Good news about a full catalogue though, even though we will have to wait a
bit longer for the new sets to hit the shops :-(
Rachel