 Local / Australia / 13454
13453  |  13455
Subject:
Brisbane CityCat Ferry
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.cad, lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 27 Jul 2005 15:47:49 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Dear all,

I finally finished a project I’ve been working on and off for quite a while now. In my home city of Brisbane we have quite a large and windy river. The City Council operate a very useful and very enjoyable set of high speed catamaran ferries along the river as part of the cities public transport system. These are not only popular with commuters who live near the river but also very much so with tourists.

To cut a long story short, I present my model of a CityCat ferry, along with complete instructions to build it. The model is in a a little smaller than minifig scale but still fits the little fellows quite well.

It would be nice if someone one day builds this (perhaps a member of BLTC might like one in their next layout) but if not, I learnt a lot about raytracing water from this project.

Without further ado, here is the main picture: with a larger version here.

A picture of the real thing can be seen here.

The instructions are in the Brickshelf gallery which can be found here after moderation.

Please let me know what you think, criticisms as well, and I hope you enjoy this model.

Tim