 Local / Australia / 13228
Re: Big Sydney Meet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 9 Apr 2005 04:39:48 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Steve Dunn wrote:

At this stage there will be an interstate meet on the Queens Birthday long
weekend in Sydney. 11,12,13th June.

Following previous NatMeets, it will probably be dinner on Sat night, meet from
about 11am Sun until people get bored/hungry or dragged home by unimpressed
significant others.

Can we have all of the obvious details like:
Can i come too ?

Yes

Can we bring toys ?

Aside from LEGO? I suppose so, but LEGO will be the focus of the meet. If you're
bringing MegaBloks you may have to come incognito or something though

Where in sydney such as, the TRU parking lot or Joe bloggs's house ?

The venue hasn't be nailed down yet. Some idea of possible numbers and prefered
activities will guide the choice of location. In any case, it's likely to be
within an hours travel from the CBD.

And perhaps the tricky stuff like:
Is Beer involved ?

See answer to venue question.. But possibly yes.

Can we bring our Family ?(they drink too)

Yes, sure. The meet might not be that entertaining for non LEGOphiles though.

Is car parking available (i wont be able to drink then)

I can say with certainty, wherever it is, there will be parking nearby.

Public transport ? (then i can drink)

I want to organise a venue accessable from public transport, yes.

Will there be events/demos/expos/displays?

Depending on numbers (and to a lesser degree on location) yes.
Events such as...
Brikwars, partsies, a shopping trip if there's anything interesting nearby,
perhaps a timed build competition or creative build.
Please bring models to display to other LEGOphile who will appreciate your
building skills (or you budget and sheer determination).
If you wish to expose or demonstrate you're welcome to if it's LEGO related.

James (who agrees that Brikwars needs beer breaks, perhaps donuts too)