 Local / Australia / 13134
Re: Studs Meeting March 13
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2005 03:38:26 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons wrote:
   In lugnet.loc.au, Robb McGowen wrote:
   Thanks for posting the photos of the Brikwars Richie - Lachlan was chuffed.

My camera is really not up to scratch... Lachlan’s pic was the best of the bunch (though I like the Pete’s castle over the horizon one too).

   I have set the date for a LEGO day at our place on Sunday March 13th. I hope as many legophiles as possible can come. I can set up a table/map/landscape for a brickwars game but what era should we play. It would be interesting if people brought models or whatever they’re up to with LEGO at the time. 10am - 5pm. BBQ Lunch, brickwars landscape and swimming pool provided. Please bring any particular beverages you enjoy, swimmers and a towel (and LEGO) please e-mail me for directions and /or any ideas. Robb McGowen.

Count me in :-)

And me also.

   After two Napoleonic fests, maybe we should be getting spaced. Port Block Yards Marines (Stormies by any other name, with epaulettes), Jet Troopers, Rothana Engineering Gunships, Especially Cross Piratical Space Dudes, scarred landscapes, charred planets, dimmed suns, that sort of thing. 350 points per?

Though Napoleonics remains my first preference (and, truth be told, my second to sixth preferences as well), I’d happily engage in whatever’s chosen.

Given some of the heretical content of the collections of both Robb & Richard though, perhaps some mid-late 20th century combat would be in order? “A walk in the light green (baseplate)” perhaps? I’m sure I’ve got enough tan torsos to put together Frankie and his unit. (And enough ninja types for some VC as an alternative).

Happy to go with space though! I can always put space helmets on the First Brigade of the Grand Armie of the South Pacifique (thought the horses are a bit trickier).

Assault and destruction/recovery of the crew of a downed spacecraft?

That appeals: Grab the crew (and/or their sensitive cargo) and remove them/it from the playing area....

   A squabble over territory? War over who was in front of who in the line to the soda fountain? Or a gentlemanly duel to the death over something *really* important like who has the best BrikWars quotient (biggest gun/smallest brain)?

Cheers

Richie Dulin