 Local / Australia / 12916
Re: Holy Shriek! Shrieking Shacks @ Myer (where else?) $49.95- !
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 4 Dec 2004 10:46:51 GMT

I had much the same experience with the same set at another Myer store. When
I first took it to the counter the assistant said it was $49.95 but when my
partner took the same set they gave him the extra 25% off.

As to whether we were *supposed* to get the discount - the advertising on
their sign said "25% off the marked price of Lego". As the marked price was
$49.95, I suppose, technically, the discount was correct. The catalogue did
say no further discounts apply, but I just assumed that meant no staff
discounts on top. Open to interpretation I imagine!

Hmm... cheap Lego....

cheers

Sue Ann

"Melody Brown" <legomel@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
G'day... after our little gathering... I decided to bike on over to the • 'where
else' store (bike, since I was far too tired to walk)... to chuck on the
Shrieking Shacks on layby... the cool thing is, my 'where else' store are
somewhat strange (sometimes I love people who don't know what they are • doing
;))...

Last time I bought the Harry Potter - Privet Drive sets, they also used • the 20%
off (already marked down to $30.95, making them $24.76 each).

This time they advertise the HP Shrieking Shack at $49.95 and also added • the 25%
off! bargain! making them $37.46 each :D... now if only I were a • millionaire!
(errmm wait on...). Anyone else get the extra discounts from their Myer
stores??...

They also *had* the Black Falcon's Fortress @ $37.45... (only saw one • there)...

Plenty of Shrieking Shacks though.

Mel

P.S. this is why I *refuse* to buy LEGO at full price... shhh!! ;)
P.P.S. prices in Australian $
P.P.P.S. I imagine I'm not meant to get the extra discount on an already • reduced
item... correct?