 Local / Australia / 12870
12869  |  12871
Subject:
Best value way of getting into trains in Oz...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 2004 23:02:00 GMT

I would like to have, by November next year (possibly slightly earlier) a
working 9V train setup, and am pondering the best value way to get to that
point.

Ideally, I’d like to have at least the following:
- Circle of track,
- 16 straight track sections
- Controller & transformer to suit.
- 1 power bogey
- Enough wheels (or bogies) and couplers for four or five waggons.
- Couplers/buffers  to suit.

Any advice on the best value (ie I’m happy to spend a bit more to avoid ending
up with lots of large limited use pieces, and I'm happy to have lots of useful
pieces from my purchases as well as the above) combination of sets to accumulate
this in Australia would be appreciated.

I've got plenty of time, so I'm not about to rush into it (unless, of course,
there is a good value deal - I could buy next week if that was the best way to
go). Also, I don't need to get it all at once - or from the same source.

Cheers

Richie Dulin