 Local / Australia / 12794
Re: Aust event 2005 (update #3) BrickVention!: Event Competition
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 3 Oct 2004 04:42:41 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Ross Crawford wrote:
   In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin wrote:
   In lugnet.loc.au, Melody Brown wrote:
   G’day all!

As part of the event and also involving the community, you have a chance to join in by coming up with a custom set of your own to design for our event. The custom designed set will be available for purchase at the event and used as part of our fundraising project (this will help for any finances previously used and possibly for future events).

Very cool!

  • Winner/s: One entry is to hopefully chosen (possibly two). Winner/s will be announced at the event.

The kits are going to be used for fundraising before the event (presumably that’s when you need to raise the funds), but the designer not announced until the event? That doesn’t quite match with the giving credit bit...

I think the idea is to pre-sell the sets (to raise funds), and distribute the pre-sold ones at the event, as well as having them for sale at the door. The people who buy them before the event won’t know what they’re getting until they get there...

That makes sense.

Cheers

Richie