 Local / Australia / 12680
Re: Blockfest Downunder 2005
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 2004 01:31:05 GMT

Q1. Would you attend a two day National Blockfest held on the second weekend
June 2005 at a cost of $100 (plus accom and transport) in the following cities:¬
a) Brisbane?¬ b) Sydney?¬
c) Melbourne?
Sydney yes, Melbourne yes, Brisbane, yes
Ultimatly, my abillity to come would be determined by the availability of
cheap air-fares to the host city (being in perth, flying would be the only
way I could get there) around the time of the event as well as the
availability of cheap accomodation of some kind somewhere in the host ciry.
Q2. a) Would you be prepared to put up $100 as 'seed funding' for such an event
to a nominated individual, with the understanding that this $100 would not be
returned to you, but that it might offset your $100 fee mentioned in Q1 if the
event were held in:¬ a) Brisbane?¬ b) Sydney?¬ c) Melbourne?
I would pay the $100 but only if it went towards my cost of entry (i.e. I
dont want to pay $100 now then another $100 later)
Q3. Would you be prepared to accept overall responsibility for organising the
event (venue, insurance, holding the funds, etc)? • Being in Perth, I am not in a position to help with this unfortunatly :(
Q4. Would you be prepared to assist with the event activities, but not taking
any real responsibility for the event (venue, insurance, funding etc). • I would help where I can. (being in perth and all)
This covers what it would take to get it moving (actually, Q4 doesn't, it just
provides something fun to think about).