 Local / Australia / 12533
  Re: no reserves on aussie ebay

(...) I'm mostly a buyer, so I approve of getting rid of 'reserves', they were mostly very annoying, and as I saw it, no advantage for the seller over just setting a reasonable minimum price. (...) Of the approximately 1033 Spam emails I've got (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jul-04, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: no reserves on aussie ebay

(...) There is, but it's not immediately obvious. If you post a hot item with a $1000 minimum bid, you might scare off bidders before they even get started. If you post the same item with a $1 minimum bid and a $1000 reserve, any guy with a buck to (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jul-04, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: no reserves on aussie ebay

(...) Garage sale trawlers can afford to start low, but sale item scalping must be risky with no reserve and a low starting price. (...) Glad it's just not me getting persecuted ;^) I just delete them, I have never read any. pete.w (20 years ago, 21-Jul-04, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: no reserves on aussie ebay

(...) Low minimums do get more bids.........which leads to more bids. Bidders are funny, they see price validation in another unknown entity bidding. I have given buyers generous discounts when an ordinary item just got way out of hand with 2 (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jul-04, to lugnet.loc.au)