 Local / Australia / 1207
Re: Soccer sets in David Jones! ($54.95 for 3409!!!!!!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 05:01:04 GMT

Why is Lego subsidising these? (Olympics perhaps?)
and more importantly. HOW is Lego Australia susbsidising this? I don't think
the shipping out here can be subsisdised by suddenly manufacturing it
themselves.

And why then isn't everything "subsidised" ? Although I guess this is a
general question that can apply to just about any product.

Perhaps its one to ask on the letter

Santosh

In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
I was just thinking [and it hurts :) ] that I seem to remember someone
posting in .loc.au that LA was going to 'subsidise' the soccer field 3409 so
it would be about $55-$60. Unfortunately, I must have deleted that email
[for those who still don't know...my only way to access lugnet is via
e-mail] but the prices being quoted by you, and Paul earlier this week
seemed to ring a bell with me...Don't know if anyone can recall the posting?
[and could refresh my memory about the cost of the set that was
predicted...they'd just been talking to LA on the phone, whoever it was]

Benjamin Whytcross
BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au
Ph: (03) 9856 5282
Directory Technology Pty Ltd
1/436 Elgar Road,
Box Hill, 3128

Growing older is compulsory..Growing up isn't :-)