 Local / Australia / 12014
Re: B.S.L.I.L.A. Competition Entry: Dread Martha and the Valkyrie
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 2004 01:39:03 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin wrote:
   In lugnet.loc.au, Michael Dallaston wrote:
   Here ya go Richie (Looks like I’ll have to get the ball rolling)

First entry and first acronyminasation!

Good to see the first life giving breath being shared with .pirates as well.

Well typing the whole thing out seemed a bit excessive... you knew what I meant anyway, and that’s what matters ;)

   pic

One of the cleanest and most feared ships that haunt the shipping lanes - the Valkyrie.

pic

The Valkyrie is owned and commanded by Dread Martha - famous for being having the tidiest ship and healthiest crew on the seven seas. She makes sure the men eat their veggies...

pic

Four cannons spell trouble for any unprotected merchantmen...

pic

The ship also hinges open to gain access to the hold. This is not a good tactic to perform in the heat of battle, however.

... but if you could split the ship lengthways you could double your broadside.... hmmmm.

I’m having trouble seeing that for some reason... ;)

The builder of a ship with such a capability would be well in the running for the ‘ROFL’ award, I am sure.

   There you have it :) More pics here once moderated.

Thoughts, comments, criticisms... send ‘em all this way!

Nice work! Nice colour scheme, too.

Colour scheme (as well as most of the sand green) lifted from

    7419 Dragon Fortress
732 elements, 8 figures, US$90, 2003
LEGO > SYSTEM > Adventurers > Orient Expedition > {China}

Thanks Richie!

   Cheers

Richie Dulin