 Local / Australia / 11978
11977  |  11979
Subject:
observation about old sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 2004 11:42:46 GMT

Is it just me or are old sets getting harder to find than they used to be?
There are a few exceptions (most notably that King Leos Castle that is
still around at some kmarts plus a couple others like some of the older HP
stuff) but for the most part it seems to be happening.
I have noticed that what seems to happen is that the sets just vanish off
the shelves in some cases and just cant be found anymore (instead of
sometimes hanging around for a while)

Another thing that I have noticed is that sets dont seem go on "untill they
are gone" clearence anymore (for example, King Leos Castle, Jack Stone
Police Station and some others that have gone on clearence, failed to sell
and then gone back up)

Anyone else observed any of this and/or have any insight as to why?