 Local / Australia / 11967
Re: www.brislug.org
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 3 Apr 2004 23:05:58 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Aaron Coghill wrote:
I think we should made the move to BrisLUG. This way we would be able to
attract new members to the group. (I'm sure bugs sounds a bit childish to
some).

Think yourselves lucky !
You could be stuck with something like STUDS :^p

So we will need a new logo, in keeping with the launch of the new site and
the possible change-over????

I agree with you on the comfort thing Alister. BUGS evolved from our first
few meetings, the acronym BLUG sounded crap so it was simplfied to BUGs
(silent and invisible L) to be true is should read BRLUG (Brisbane and
regional Lego Users Group).

You could also give the LUG acronym tail a miss completely.
The possible sub-group names are endless as well.

What about FLAG - Flubber (of) LEGO Accumulation Group as an acronym tail ?
Though flubber is more popular in some areas.

What about STREP - Strange Technic Re-Erection Proponents ?

What about LOATH - LEGO Obsessed Anal Train-Heads ?

What about BANTIES - Bionicles Are Not Technic It's Especially Silly ?
BANTIES and STREP may have the same members.

What about BOBO - Belville Obsessed Bozos Only ?

What about TANGY - Those Awful New Greys Yada (yada yada) ?

"Allister McLaren" <Allister.McLaren@Alcan.com> wrote in message

To be honest I'm not really comfortable with the BUG acronym. Not only does it
miss out the L for LEGO, but BUGs are also used by bicycle user groups
throughout the state (country?)

pete.w