 Local / Australia / 1163
Re: W4K Show Wrap
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 11 Jun 2000 13:38:57 GMT

Top marks guys.  I'm impressed with the dedication to the public good.
Having been otherwise engrossed this weekend, I'd like to come to the next
one if I may.

Regards

Richard
Still baldly going...

Check out Port Block at http://www.hinet.net.au/~rparsons/port/
"Peter White" <aztekium@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
A tale of two petes...

We held the smallish show today at Penrith.
We scared a few young families, goggled a few young eyes, and generally
hung about the entrance like a couple of sideshow spruikers.
Yes we are adults, yes we collect Lego, please don't demolish the display.

We casually answered a couple of 'consumer affairs' type questions.
We tried to seduce people with the MTT, got sick of sliding those droids • in
and out, an elderly lady approached the tables looking interested until I
mentioned the 'club'.

Pete.C's base impressed the young warlords, moving parts were moved,
dislodged and put back.

If only we had Kev's Castle to stun the window shoppers. I actualy picked
up a 500 piece jigsaw of the castle just mentioned at the supermarket this
week for $2.99.

The staff said it was a light weekend crowd-wise, and Saturday is usually • a
better bet number-wise. All lessons for future shows.

So thanks to Pete.C and to Kris for help and company.
Time to plan the next show !

pete.w <aquanaut@optusnet.com.au>