 Local / Australia / 1161
1160  |  1162
Subject:
W4K Show Wrap
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 11 Jun 2000 11:47:10 GMT

A tale of two petes...

We held the smallish show today at Penrith.
We scared a few young families, goggled a few young eyes, and generally
hung about the entrance like a couple of sideshow spruikers.
Yes we are adults, yes we collect Lego, please don't demolish the display.

We casually answered a couple of 'consumer affairs' type questions.
We tried to seduce people with the MTT, got sick of sliding those droids in
and out, an elderly lady approached the tables looking interested until I
mentioned the 'club'.

Pete.C's base impressed the young warlords, moving parts were moved,
dislodged and put back.

If only we had Kev's Castle to stun the window shoppers. I actualy picked
up a 500 piece jigsaw of the castle just mentioned at the supermarket this
week for $2.99.

The staff said it was a light weekend crowd-wise, and Saturday is usually a
better bet number-wise. All lessons for future shows.

So thanks to Pete.C and to Kris for help and company.
Time to plan the next show !

pete.w <aquanaut@optusnet.com.au>